This tour is recommended for the budget travelers with no much time for in depth cultural exploration. Upon the arrival on the island, the group enjoys a 1-hour hike towards the main village. On the way the guide will explain about traditions and live on the island. Once in the main village you will be given free time to explore the local handicraft market. Taquile has approximately 1,200 inhabitants. The people from this island have a Quechua origin and they are mostly small farmers. However, since mid 70s they have also become well known for their firm entrepreneurial spirit. Since the beginning of the tourism flow to the island, some “Taquilenos” have been participating directly with the tourism activities. Some of them have organized themselves to provide tourism services such as home stays, restaurants and boat transportation. .
Uros Taquile Island Itinerary:Pukara Museum
*Navigation time: 3 hours each way.
* Tour duration in Uros: 45 min - 1 hour.
* Tour duration in Taquile: 2 and 1/2 hours
* 06:30 a.m.: Pick up from hotels downtown Puno
* 07:00 a.m.: Departure to floating islands and Taquile
* 08:00 a.m.: Visit of Uros islands on the way to Taquile.
* 11:00 a.m.: Arrival in northern dock of the island and start 1 hour hike.
* 12:15 a.m.: Arrival in main village of Taquile. Main plaza and market visit
* 13:00 p.m.: Lunch time (lunch not included in price)
* 14:30 p.m.: Return to Puno from main dock
* 17:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puno.
• A professional guide, Bi-lingual Staff. (English, Spanish).
• Pick up from your hotel in Puno and transfer to the harbor.
• Drop off at your hotel in Puno at the end of the tour.
• Entrace fee to the Uros Islands and Taquile Island
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Lunch in Taquile.
• Extras & gratuities
• Hotel in Puno
• Breakfast and Dinner.
• Soft or alcoholic drinks.